If you need braces but are concerned about how they will look, clear braces can be a great option. They work the same way as traditional metal braces, except they use tooth-colored ceramic brackets on the teeth instead of stainless steel for a less noticeable appearance. Sometimes, they are called ceramic braces. Read on to learn more about clear (ceramic) braces and how much you can expect to pay for them in White Bear Lake, MN.
How Much Do Clear Braces Cost?
The best way to know how much clear braces cost is to schedule an appointment with an orthodontist. The cost can depend on factors such as the severity of your dental issues and how long the braces will need to be worn.
With that said, you can typically expect to pay more for clear braces than traditional metal braces. Here are some general price ranges you may use to compare different options:
- Clear (Ceramic) Braces: $4,000 to $8,000
- Traditional Metal Braces: $3,000 to $7,000
- Invisalign: $3,000 to $7,000
Clear Braces vs. Invisalign: What’s the Difference?
While clear braces and Invisalign are both less visible than traditional metal braces, they are very different. For starters, clear braces are attached to your teeth and you cannot take them off. Invisalign aligners are removable, although you wear them most of the time. Here’s a quick description of each and how they work:
- Clear Braces – Tooth-colored brackets are placed on each tooth and attached to an archwire, which is bent and adjusted every few weeks to push and pull teeth into their proper positions. The brackets will blend in with the rest of your smile, making your braces less noticeable. The wire, however, is still visible.
- Invisalign – There are no brackets or wire. Instead, you wear clear, removable aligners (or molds), which you can take off for brief periods during the day, for instance while eating and drinking. You are given new, computer-generated aligners throughout your treatment to achieve desired changes in your smile.
Will Insurance Cover the Cost of Clear Braces?
Many insurance companies cover the cost of braces. However, the amount they pay depends on the type of insurance you have, and some companies may not pay the extra cost to upgrade from traditional metal braces. Contact your insurance provider to learn what they offer. Our team is also happy to help you understand your benefits and answer any questions you might have.
Are There Payment Plans for Braces?
At Signature Orthodontics, we believe that beautiful smiles should be an option for everyone. We are sensitive to the extra costs that braces can entail, and we offer financing options and payment plans for families at all income levels.
Are Clear Braces Worth It?
Yes, clear braces are worth it if they can help you feel more confident getting a healthy and more beautiful smile. What’s most important is that you find braces that work for you. At Signature Orthodontics, we can talk with you about your options and answer any questions.
Learn More About Clear Braces
Are you ready to take the next step toward your new smile? We’re here to help. Contact us today at one of our two locations to schedule a consultation at Signature Orthodontics.